Sunday, August 8, 2010

Holding Onto You at the End of the Rope

"End of the Rope"

don't remind me of the sun anymore
nor how it outshines the moon
and never speak to me of trees
hugging them to make the forest
smile at you
do not stand atop your toadstool
and preach to me
while the unicorn steals my home
and don't think I'll be waiting
on the end of the rope
because when the sun came up
my rope broke
don't remind me of the light anymore
or how it makes me a shadow here
and never speak to me of the seas
I'm not standing on the shore
to smile with you
do not stand atop that bloody toadstool
and tell me I am wrong
as my world is crumbling down to me
and I don't think you know the hurt
or the end of the rope
because just now....
it broke

8/6/10

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Bring You Closer"

Little boat made of paper and pins
sinking
I am trying to reach you
before you melt into the water
I have one fragile string
if I pull too hard will break
and so I sit and pray for a little wave
to bring you closer
Little boat made of paper and dreams
drifting
I am hoping to bring you here
before you sink into the water
With my one fragile string
I hold so gently to you now
God, won't you bring the boat back here?
I need God to bring you closer

8/6/10

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Holding Onto..."

they took everything
and I'm sitting here
holding onto crumpled newspaper clippings
clutching this soggy mess
sidetracked and weather worn
and faithless in a nutshell
grasping raindrops like they are going to fix me
and end all my stress
but the puddles grow
and I'm weary and cold
and the rivelts of ink wash away from me here
trying to fix what's left
of what I was

By Elizabeth Azpurua on Aug 6, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment