Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nothing but the Guilty and No Loyalty

"Not Guilty"


These matches, they're left behind
inside this rubble of the burnt spaces in my mind
I know who lit them
I know you lit them
This mess, you burnt away my world
thought it was your revenge against the word
It's all his name
You hate his name
So you burn away the places he could linger
And accuse and mock and point with every finger
How can you blame me?
As if I'm guilty?
It's not my fault things don't work out, little one
Don't blame me for all the damage that's been done
I see these ashes
I have the matches
I'm not guilty


10/30/11


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Nothing Holds On"

and the road won't lead home
and the leaves still fall
and the sky stills rains
and the water's gone
and the trees bear no fruit
and the seasons come too fast
and nothing is holding on
nor are you
and the doors don't open
and the bills pile high
and the storms never stop
and the time goes by and by
and the memories fade
and the seasons come too fast
and nothing is holding on
nor are you

11/3/11


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


Loyalty
seeps away as if this
bucket has a hole now
and if I cannot patch it
what shall be left
for you and I?

By Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment