Saturday, May 14, 2011

I am Happiness

I'm a fading sun
like a dying day
The weeping willow
and the lonely bay
I'm a little vessel
adrift at sea
I'm the lonely hilltop
and the silent breeze

I am just a will o' the wisp
you always try to follow
I disappear before you reach me
And if you should try to capture me, you won't
I'm never fully here at all

I'm that shooting star
you never see
Whether near or far
you cannot find me
I am the illusive creature
of the deep
That one treasure sought for
you'll never keep
I am like a little vessel
adrift at sea
I am a spider's thread
you cannot see
But still you come for me...

I'm still the will o' the wisp
you try to follow
I'll disappear before you reach me
And if you try to capture me, you won't
I'm never fully here at all

I'm the mountain tall
you cannot climb
I am the bridge to cross
you cannot find
I am the dragonfly
you'll never ride
and the weeping willow
where I hide
Like the fading sun
I'm the dying day
A lonely hill
or a lonely bay
I'm that dream you never seem to have
And yet you keep on trying to

But I'm the will o' the wisp
you shouldn't follow
I like to disappear before you reach me
And I'll never, ever let you catch me
For I'm never fully here at all

By Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment