Saturday, May 7, 2011

Holding Happiness like Only You Can

"Only You Can"

only you can say
my name
and still my soul with
the letters spelled
out
only you can keep
silent
and break my soul with
the words you
withheld
only you can know
my pain
and make my day with
words that cheer me
up
only you can say
my name
and make me ache
to know why you say
it such as
you do

5/7/11

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hold happiness in my palms
Hold it close
Safe from harm
Keep it locked up
Locked up inside
I don't want to hide, but I don't want to lose it
Gonna treasure it
Hold it safe like a delicate
vase
No breaking, falling, no shattering
my happy
I am quietly marveling at it
Keep the doors here locked
keep it safe from harm
I don't want to have to sound this alarm
I have grasped it close
and held it so
I don't want to let this happiness go

5/2/11

By Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment