Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mary's Garden Wants Me"

"Wanting Something Other Than Me"

You can stand there on your side
walk beside those dirty windows
I will walk beside my pile of rubble
and watch as the wind blows
They will just wave at you and walk right on by
I would have came and stood by you
and never left your side
But you want something else, I guess
So carry off these emblems
and throw away these signs
Stand by dirty windows
And I'll watch the sun rise
I would have watched it standing by you
but you want someone else, I guess

1/8/11

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"That Garden...You know, Mary's Garden"

Mary, Mary, oh you with that garden
Some say you were contrary, but I must confess
You probably stole all the seeds for a haven
and got but a wiley and overgrown mess
I am able to stand here and reach for the stars
but only when high feeling like I'm on Mars
There were makers of music who would sing me a song
but I envied the rhymning and told them all off
Come hither and thither and come for a time
I'll be back tomorrow when I finish this crime
Mary, Mary, how did your garden grow?
They say with some flowers and maids, but I say
You had them try to find perfection in each row
But you'll never see heaven on earth if you won't pray
I am able to stand here and reach the sky
but only while dreaming can I truly fly
Those makers of music try to sing my their songs
but I hate their melodies and I tell them they're wrong
Come hither and thither and come for a time
I'll be back tomorrow when I finish this crime
Oh, Mary, contrary, your garden is lame
I have a whole box of girlish stupid games
Shall you fancy a party to wear your polka dots?
I'll bring the liquor and lets watch your garden rot
They would bring my songs and I hated them so
I wanted the rhymns like you wanted a garden to grow
Unless we do all the work by ourselves
we will never see heaven but end up in hell
Come hither and thither and come for a time
I'll be back tomorrow when I finish this crime

By Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment