Monday, January 3, 2011

Avalanche

If I pull away the outside
and strip it bare
you won't be there
I was too young and so naive
Thought that you'd be
everything I could need
But I was hoping for an avalanche
and all I got was a song
a melody of the forgotten times
its all a broken rhyme
that still sounds wrong
I wanted the downpour of love
To wash over me
To cover me
But I received such an empty verse
Something half hearted, forgotten and worse
it didn't rhyme
If I pull away the walls here
You still won't be here
On the other side
I was so stupid and young
Thought you could be the one
Thought I'd found the one
But I was craving an avalanche
and I got this sad, lonesome song
a melody of all the left behinds
it's all a broken rhyme
that still sounds wrong
I wanted the downpour of love
to wash over me
to cover me, to erase it all
But I can hear that empty verse
Something half hearted, forgotten, and worse
it still won't rhyme
Someone save me and fall on me with love
Someone erase the taint of that horrid song
It's all so wrong
So very wrong
and it won't rhyme


12/9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment