Saturday, October 16, 2010

Your New Home

I'm horrible sometimes
Unwilling, unwise
Unable to focus on the course
You are dependable and strong
I'm running the other way
and I tell you to just get out of my face

If they want you so bad they can adopt you
Bring you home, like a puppy
or a brand new shoe
If they want you so bad the can keep you
I'll leave the door wide open
come on in
and I'll go away

I am incorrigible they say
Impatient and precise
Constantly picking at the strings
You are a mastermind of charm
Fully able to carry on
so go ahead and take my burdens away

If they want you so bad they can just adopt you
Bring you home like a cute puppy
or a brand new shoe
If they want you so bad they can keep you
I'll leave the door here open
come right in
and I'll run away

I might be flighty, I might be foolish
I might get nasty and testy and churlish
I might be feisty and you are steady
I'm impatient and you're on the ready
but I don't care
back off from me
and find another place to be
If they like you so much let them come and keep you
I'll be running off now not wearing any kind of shoe
'cause I don't need you
No, I don't need you

So, if they want you so bad let them adopt you
Little puppy, bring you home, too
vibrant and colorful new shoe
If they want you so much I'll let them keep you
The door is open
Come right on in
and I'll just go away

By Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment