Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Taken By You to the Sea of the Universe

"Taken By You"

months are counted, days are numbered
all these words have part of you
every space of hope is taken
every part is filled with you
not a second goes by wasted
every breath contains a thought of you
if I could regain the lost time
it'd return fine, but full of you
moments gathered, memories treasured
all these times spent with you
every smile is somewhere counted
by the memories held of you
and not an ounce of me is untouched
for it's all because of you
and everything is where I'll hope to be
when I'm standing next to you
I'll keep this going strong
every space of hope is taken by you

10/12/10

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Sea of the Universe"

he tries to spread the doubt
and pull the heart strings
cause the hating, the anger, the hurt
and all the remorse
he tries to wear me thin
and pushes and pulls
and breaks in; from anger, hurt
and worse
if I could push him away forever
I'd toss him into the sea of the universe
he'd never try to change my thoughts of you
or what I know is true
I know it's true
he is trying now, trying now
spreading the doubt around
he is hoping now, he is hoping now
he'll wear me down
and I'll not stick around
but no, no, no I will break free
I will be free from all this doubt and worse
there'll be no anger, hurt or remorse
I am not regretting you
I am not forgetting you
he is trying now, trying now, trying now
spreading dread and fear around
he wants to bring me down
pull me down
wear me out until I'm breaking down
but I wish I could make him go away
toss him into the sea of the universe
I won't let him change my thoughts of you
or what I know is true
I know it's true
I'm not regretting you, nor forgetting you
never letting go of you
he won't bring me down
or wear me out
anymore

10/12/10

by me

No comments:

Post a Comment