Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fighting For Home

there was an angry avalanche and it was uncommon
whilst we fought back the torrents and I am broken
there was no need for all the stress of this battle
and I won't let it go
I can't give up
I am fighting for the home that I've known
and I am holding to the one that I wish to hold
and you can pull me back from these walls
take away my shield and sword
but never shall I let it go
no I shall not let this go
there was an evil tidal wave and it was omnipotent
while we were running in the sands holding innocence
there was no need for all the anger in this battle
but I'll never let it go
I can't give up
I am fighting for the home I've always held to
and I am holding to the one I wish will be true
and you can pull me back from this battlements
take away the shield and sword
but never shall I let it go
no I shall not let this go
I am fighting for home until the end I know
I am fighting for the home I wish to hold
and I can't give this up
or let it go
oh no...I won't
because fighting for a home is all I know
there was a torrential hurricane so uncommon
we rode out the waves inside our boat now broken
there was no need for all the hurt within this battle
but we never let it go
Or gave up
We all fought for the home we've always held to
and I am holding to the one I still want to become true
and no one can take me from inside these safe walls
or take me shield and sword
assuming I will let it go
I won't, I won't let go
and I never gave up, no
We will not let it go
and we won't ever give it all up
because fighting for home is all...
...we can do

By Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment