Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lily Valley Boy

"Stolen Lilies"

Stole lilies in a basket by the bay
Took them to children who sang to run, to play
and carted off the emblems in a box
to give to fairies asking for a song
I laid mattresses down by the sea
to spread blankets of sand all over me
and kept the only shell I ever knew
thinking it was the only shining thing
Took pictures and captured my fake grin
and thought that was the only smile above my chin
I left thinking I'd given all my love away
to beings too concerned with themselves
Stole lilies in a basket by the bay
and gave them to selfish little girls pretending to play
and carted off the emblems of love to the woods
to give the fairies who requested more songs
I thought as I laid down by the sea
that I'd never find a love to hold close to me
that there would never be anything new
and then an eagle carried off with me
not realizing that it gave me wings

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Mr. Brown Eyed Boy"

you, mr. brown eyed boy
thinking you're so great
wearing green like trees
and a smile like fake
go ahead and be yourself
and dance around in jubilee
i don't care much now
i've got a smile across the sea


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"In the Valley..."

I am feeling like I need a parachute
somebody save me as I go, as I go down
Too many things are pulling me over the edge
and I fear that I'm welcoming, wanting the ground
I was seeing from the mountains nothing new
Thought the trees were all there was to hold onto
But I never knew...
No I never knew...
In the valley there were flowers in fields galore
There was sunlight I could feel all over my skin
and I never grasped the cluttered place I stayed
was exactly what could keep me from singing hymns
I was seeing from those mountains nothing to do
Thought the trees were all there was to hold onto
But I never knew...
Nope, never knew...
About you


All by Elizabeth Azpurua 4/10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment