Monday, April 19, 2010

For You a Kiss of Spring and a Lingering Smile

"Spring's Kiss"

Pastel color collecting on my thoughts
it's a fragile wing
on a butterfly
and quivering this gasping breath
is a flower petal
on the wind
of purple, pink and palest gold
and robin's blue
to drift away
until upon your gentle lips
lands
and steals your breath away


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


"...the smile is leaving me..."


it's like trying to catch fireflies in wintertime
and singing into the wind
i'm waiting on this distance to close
and all the time i spend
is left in colors painted over this wall
if only i could gain some ground here now
and make my smile stay


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


"My Destruction"


I'd have called down the heavens for you
and made the fire cease inside the sun
if it would have kept you here
I would have battled the dark of hell for you
and placed lightbulbs inside the trees
if it would have helped you here
I would have drawn a map in my own blood
just to lead you back home
I would have stayed up forever to be your
one true guiding light alone
But as I contemplate my destruction
I am glad angels held me back
And guided me towards pillows white
And solitude to let it all go...
...I was never meant to fix the world
Nor could I ever help you





All by Elizabeth Azpurua on 4/19/10

No comments:

Post a Comment