Wednesday, August 15, 2012

More Time for Angels to Die on the Horizon

"Do Not Ask an Angel to Die"

you do not ask butterflies to swim
then do not ask that of him
you do not ask polar bears to fly
then do not ever make him cry
you would not expect a moose to sing
then why demand what he can't bring?
if you will not ask a rose to blink
then why tell him what to think?
you do not ask angels to die
so, why do you even try?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"...more time with you..."

sliding hands upward from the wooden floors
up along skin and upward behind closed doors
knees are bruised upon the hardwood
time is passing of what I would
be doing if I had more time with you
tracing shapes across your stomach slowly
regarding you in front of me like you're holy
knees are bruised upon the hardwood
time is passing of what I would
be doing if I had more time with you
breath, hot, and steamy leaving trails on skin
kisses linger and the scent I am calling a sin
knees are bruised upon the hardwood
but time goes by as it should
while I'm finally doing what I want with you
and my lips are soft all along your leg, along your thigh
and my breath is warm like a whispered kiss ever going high
and my tongue is hot and wet and it warms you to your core
and I bring you in and bring you down while you're wanting more
and I bring you in and bring you down until my knees are sore
and promptly sir, when I am through, yank me off the floor
for time is passing of what I would do
if I had more time with you


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Chase the Horizon"

Call her "Horizon" and chase her daily
try to catch her as she drifts away
For Horizon is ever ready to make you run and runaway
She'll bruise your feet upon the path leading towards her
She'll make you weak without a thought to not pursue her
and if you weep she will not be there to comfort you
She will be ever forward, what else shall you do?
Call her "Horizon" and chase her daily
and when you think you are closer
Horizon will break you barely hanging on and go ever faster
She'll knock you down and tear you apart upon her pathway
She'll break your heart as you keep going day after day
and if you think you finally will catch her you will cry
She's moved farther onward and she's going on by

by Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment