Sunday, August 26, 2012

Artist and Watercolor

"If I were an Artist"

If I were a sculptor I'd carve you in stone
and chisel you out a mouth
and place you in my home
and you'd stare back at me
and you'd smile just for me
and I'd forever be lucky to see
you carved happy
If I were a painter I'd paint you on canvas
and color you like the spring
and place you in my home
where you'd stare back at me
and you'd smile just for me
and I'd forever get to see
a painting of happy
If I were a poet I'd write a poem for you
and tell the world what I love
and place you in me home
and capture in words the feeling of you smiling
and tell them what it means when you smile for me
and I'd capture forever in words that I'm happy
a poem of happy
I'd write just for you
Oh, if I were an artist, I'd be able to keep
forever the memory of you happy with me

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Autumn Watercolor Golds"

At the dawn on the road I await it
the fog to settle and sit
and the autumn rains to come
and wet the leaves like watercolor golds
I await the deepest reds and
I want to number the oranges
and capture in colors
while wearing my coat
the feeling of Autumn and
what I love most
and run, run, run, run, run
in the fog and the autumn rains
and watch the world become
watercolor golds
and when I stop and stare
I want to see standing there
a home waiting to welcome me

No comments:

Post a Comment