Saturday, April 9, 2011

Nothing Happy Here, Move Along Now Flightless Bird

ledges are for stopping
not for the jumping I do from them
and arms are for grabbing
not for trying to fly with them
legs are for running
they aren't landing gear
and we're meant for falling
that's what we should fear

4/8/11


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

if i attempt breathing with this
weight on me
i might sink my soul like an
anchor in the sea
i might forever remain in the
darkest of places
where there is no glory
nor smiling faces
if i attempt to continue like this
i won't realize i'll never be his

4/8/11


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

why don't you just tear my heart
out and eat it right
in front of
me?
then maybe I will realize my death
was always what you
sought when you
looked right
through
me


4/8/11

No comments:

Post a Comment