Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Rope is Strong?

"Strong"

I don't have to give a reason for the reason for my actions
I don't have to have a meaning for the meaning of my love
I don't need to hear a lecture of how I've done it wrong
So seal your lips, I don't care, so long
I don't want to want another more than how I want you
I don't like to like the way you run and hide the way you do
But it's comical and I must laugh at how you do it wrong
So read my lips, I don't care, I'm strong
Strong enough to tell you I'm not bending
Nor am I breaking down my walls
I am stronger than all your questions and I know that I'm not wrong
I know who I am and why I am
I know what I need and why I need
I know who I want and I will want it no matter what you say
So keep running
Keep asking
Keep trying to stop me now
I am what I am and what I am is not backing down

1/18/12

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"My Rope"

knotted, torn, shredded, burned
frayed and tattered and stained in blood
it's dangling, and it's a sad sight
I hung myself with this intention to do the right
This rope is my ending
This rope I had left
I clung to with a knot and a knot and a knot
I had tried to resist the fall
I held on for oh, so long
but this broken rope has done me wrong
knotted, torn, shredded, burned
frayed and tattered it's stained in blood
I am dangling, and it's all so sad now
Here I thought I could hang on to this broken thing
My ending
My ending
I clung to the rope with a knot and a knot and a knot
I had tried to hard to hang on
I held on for oh, so long
but my rope has done me wrong


1/15/12

No comments:

Post a Comment