Friday, December 17, 2010

Dark Blue Light

"Blue Light Spring"

you were starlight, you were snowflakes
you were blossoms and blue eyes and earthquakes
you were blue lights drowning out the red that took my hope
you were a dancer and a dreamer and a newborn make-believer
and hope born upon the sun bursting into Spring
And every moment after was a magical journey
Dancing through the daylight like a dream
You drowned out almost everything
you were music, you were melodies
you were glitter and sparkles and daydreams
you were blue lights drowning out the red that took my hope
you were a dancer and a dreamer and a newborn make-believer
and somehow through it all you were like Spring


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"It Was Dark"

And it was dark, so very dark
and clouded inside my eyes
There wasn't but a pinprick
and that light was sure to die
I was wrestling in the corners
for forgiveness that ran away
trying to grab a hold of something
so I could remember the way
The way to let go
the way to move on
the way to breathe
But I was faltering...
And it was dark inside the car
and lights were in my eyes
And you let me speak it all out
I had never even tried
I'd been battling the cobwebs
trying to run the other way
But you had me lay it all out
Not knowing what I'd say
And I finally let go
and I moved on
and I could actually breathe
I'm so very grateful
So very thankful
For that gift that you gave me
No matter what may happen
What life may bring
I am lighter and better and happier you see
For it was dark, so very dark
But you helped me come back...
...back to me.


By Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment