Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Say One Word: Infinite

"Say"

it's hard to convey to you what you mean to me
harder still to find the words for these emotions
if I could tell you what you mean to me
would it change a thing?
would it mean a thing?
perhaps the sky will fall on me if I speak
perhaps the moon will forever hide
perhaps nothing at all will change anything
but I think I might try
to say
all these things I have no words to use
it's hard to tell you how infinite you are to me
harder still to paint for you the future I am holding to
but would you even hear me out and believe me?
can I change anything?
will my words mean a thing?
perhaps the world will lose humanity it I speak
perhaps the sun will forever dim her light
perhaps nothing at all will change anything
but I think I have to try
to say
something
Something profound will never leave my lips
Something brave, and strong, and sure won't ring a sound
It will be quiet, tentative and so full of fear
it's the entirety of the infinite I try to convey
and I know I have no words to use to get my point across
but if I don't
such a loss
I think I have to try
to say
everything
having no words to use


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"One Word"

oh, one word, one word
just one word
so much meaning to one little word
I have one, just one word
to describe you
with one word
only one
just one word
it's only one
if they knew, if they knew
who you are
they would also have one word
just one word
and we'd all describe you
with just one word
if they knew, if they knew, if they knew
I have one
one little wish
That the world will one day see
just what you are and came to be
just one word
that they would need
I have one, one word
just one, one little word
if you knew only one word
you would know
this one word
is
infinite

by Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment