Friday, June 28, 2013

Sleeping Thoughts of Babylon


"Road to Babylon"
 
I sing the wayward song of a temptress done wrong
My movements beguile and bewilder
As I walked the road to Babylon
I found those who did surrender
They sang of long sultry nights of wrong
With bodies they don’t remember 

So I sang to them of Maryanne
I said she sounds like her tongue would taste like Lucifer’s
With sunset hair and vixen ways to cast her curse
And I was smitten by that vixen on a cloudy day of summertime sin 

I sang my telltale signs of wicked wrong
With my body moving as I did deliver
A song to fill the air headed to Babylon
I tell them of how in lust I did surrender
With the words of my ever sinful song
I became Babylon’s number one contender 

I sang to them of Maryanne
With lips and a tongue tasting just like Lucifer’s
Sunset hair, this vixen cast her curse
And I was utterly doomed and smitten on a cloudy day of summertime sin 

I tasted rain, she tasted pain
We tumbled in the fields of grain
She marked me thrice while I learned to pay the price
Of letting go with a vixen 

They all did cheer me on as I sang my song
On the way down the road to Babylon 

6/25/13 

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
"Sleeping Beast"
 

Inside you lies a sleeping beast awaiting its welcomed release
The flavor like a feline rare inside to come apart to tear
These visions in my eyes do come like rivers about to overrun
Feed it the darkness; feed it with death, with carrion what it likes best
The temperament like a raging storm and it feels so, so warm
Give it a playtime; let it go, ‘til it settles inside to show
You hold the reigns and still the beast, though it pains ‘til its release 

6/6/13
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
"Words, Thoughts and my Soul"
 
Sometimes there are words which emotions know not
and emotions which know no words
Sometimes my thoughts do not make into words
and my words don't match my thoughts
The truth of my words knows neither my heart nor my head
when my heart won't listen to my thoughts
So my thoughts scatter down and my soul wears a frown
without words to make sense of these things
 
6/28/13

No comments:

Post a Comment