Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chess by the Sea

Lately I have been unkind and wasted
Wanting what my hands cannot hold to
Your vessel is adrift and I am cloaked here
hiding my face and not turned towards you
The howling winds of southern skies are calling out my name
the whispers in the whimpering lies are taunting in their game
Your vessel is sinking and I am playing chess
with the shells on the shore in a mess
Lately I have lost my mind and waited
For the time when my hopes all came true
Your vessel sinks below the waves before me
and here I am and what else shall I do?
The howling winds of southern skies are singing my shame
they whisper with wicked lies inside their taunting game
I am losing all my ways while wasting my time
with shells on the shore in such a crime
Lately I have been a sorry sight ill fated
Wanting what my hands cannot hold to
Your vessel is gone below the sea waves
while I had stood hiding my face from view
The howling winds of southern skies have given me a name
the whispers in the whimpering lies is that my name is Shame
Your vessel sunk while I made a game with a mess
of shells and called them my pawns like chess
thinking I could somehow love you less
to love you less...........
Lately I have lost my mind and waited
For the time when my hopes all came true
But as the night fell upon me and turned this to darkness
I looked upon the waves, but where were you?
The howling winds of southern skies don't call my name
for they've silenced in their wicked lies, it's all the same
I lost my way and lost my time and lost you, too
while I played a game as fools often do
Thinking all my moments were like a game of chess
just to let you sink to somehow love you less

by Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment