Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mansion Down by the Sea

when the page I see is white
and I've no words to write
and I can't be polite
when the hopes I had have shattered
and nothing else mattered
sickly, here bruised and battered
I await you

You made me a home near the ocean there
a coffin, a prison, a hole so bare
You called it my mansion down by the sea
and you sank me, you drowned me, I'm ending

when the words I speak all are lost
and I cannot bear the cost
into the air all my dreams you tossed
just to watch them all shatter
for none of this will matter
serve me my heart on a platter
I await you

You made me a home near the ocean there
a coffin, a prison, a hole so bare
You called it my mansion down by the sea
and you sank me, you drowned me, I'm ending

In eyes the color of ocean waves
You took my hand and promised me
You'd stand by my side all these days
and bid me to follow you faithfully

You made my death by the ocean there
a coffin, a prison in a hole so bare
It isn't a mansion down by the sea
it's a place to drown me, to kill me, slowly

now I have no words left to free my soul
I will lie helpless here in this lonely hole
until an angel with a saving role
comes to take my hand and give me wings
lifts me out of this darkness while he sings
words to scream at you, to me he brings

I'll escape from my home by the ocean there
a coffin, a prison, no longer will I care
Blue eyes will not be the mansion for me
nor will it be the death of me
you will not be the death of me
I'm not drowning


9/16/11

No comments:

Post a Comment