Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Take Me Away to Write Songs For You

"I'll Compose One For You"

there's never a song that contains all the words
you make me wish to scream
never a verse so perfectly put to explain what i mean
there is no melody that captures the hurt and the remorse
there is no tune to captivate with the way in which you do
and there is no amount of drumming to suffice in explaining the way you make my
heart pound
there are no words to describe you in a song
and to try, well, it would be wrong
you make my breath catch and you make my heart yearn
you make me smile
you make my soul die and you have let me scream and burn
i cannot express the ups nor the downs and no song will try
no song will ever catch all the tears in one place
nor all the ways i cried
there are no songs about you, dear
there are no tunes nor melodies
and there never was a composer to try, none other
than me


8/4/11


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Ticket Away"

Buy me a ticket to a better place
I need an airplane to save my life
I need to get away from this space
that is keeping me here in strife

Take me on journey for my broken heart
I need a place to rest these weary feet
I am in desperate need of a better start
And I really need new people to meet

So won't you, won't you, won't you
buy me a ticket away?

I need an airplane to save my life
I need a moment to capture happiness
I need a way to get away from strife
and I gotta' combat this loneliness

Take me on a journey for my restless mind
Take me up high and let me leave tonight
I need to leave this place far behind
Let me do what just feels right

So won't you, won't you, won't you
buy me a ticket away?
I needed to leave a couple months
before yesterday

8/5/11

No comments:

Post a Comment