Friday, August 5, 2011

Iron Ground

"Iron Gate"

You're a landscape photo of doom
A haunted corridor and frozen time
You're a dead flower never to bloom
and you won't claim what is mine
So step back here now
And wait
I will place up this gate
These iron bars spell out for you clearly
You cannot have what belongs to me
You're a collection of the dreadful ones
A nasty little thought inside your mind
You're the one choking out my lungs
and I am breaking down inside
So step back right now
And wait
I will place up this gate
These iron bars will explain it perfectly
You don't get to keep what belongs to me

8/5/11
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"The Ground"


the ground is where we drag ourselves along
no flags of white
no freedom song
the ground is where we lay our souls
no words to save
no softer holes
the ground is where we leave behind hope
no ending light
no way to cope
the ground is where we see the sky
no way to reach
no time to fly
the ground is where we lay for sleep
no more pain again
no more fight to keep


7/27/11


by Elizabeth A.

No comments:

Post a Comment