Sunday, February 6, 2011

Choked the Lion Dead

“Dead Lion”



You were brave like lions in a grave
Soot and sand your home
I was warning before the storming
But now I stand alone
I was trying to get you to see the clouds
But no matter how great and loud
My voice cannot reach your closed off mind
And now my dear, we’re out of time
So go and roar your mighty roar
Inside the tomb of the ground
And I will be seeking all the more
And I won’t even hear your sound
You were brave like lions in a grave
Forever silenced then
I could not make sense to you
And so I lost a friend
I wish I could go back and change all the time
Wasted that you wouldn’t pay me mind
But no dear, it’s over, the ground holds you now
And I cannot reach you, I’m not allowed
So go roar your mighty roar
Inside the tomb of the ground
And I will be seeking all the more
Unable to hear your mighty sound


2/4/11
 
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 
"Choked"
I choke, every time, every way, every rhyme
I fall and
bitterest of all
is the closeness that I never could close
the line never crossed, now dead, I suppose
but in every moment
passed by
my tongue sticks to my mouth too dry
and nothing changes
at all
 
2/6/11
 
by Elizabeth Azpurua

No comments:

Post a Comment