Monday, May 20, 2013

Reaching You in a Tree

"Reaching Out"

My knowledge comes from the edge of my hands
these fingers, not plans
my learning
where beauty and prose
meet purpose; I chose
to learn through reaching
out my hand
to know
the world

5/20/13

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Cardinal in my Tree"

There was this sight that I did see
Inside the leaves of the willow tree
A flash of red, what else could it be
But a cardinal in my favorite tree?
With feathers of red to catch my eye
And remind me of hopes from by and by
That little bird in my favorite tree
I should like to paint in ink on me
Inside the leaves of the willow tree
To remind me of hope for you and me 

5/13/13
 
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Be You"

give them a reason to stare
they'll stare anyway
give them a reason to talk
they'll talk anyway
they'll waste their time behind your back
so give them a reason so they won't lack
with things to say
and ways to pray
for your troubled soul they marked as such
and said you have gotten out of touch
and said you have fallen down a hole
and they all pray for your damned soul
give them a reason to stare
they will always stare away
give them a reason to talk
they'll waste time talking all day
but don't you worry your heart now
be who you are now

5/1/13

By: Elizabeth Azpurua


 


No comments:

Post a Comment