Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 12, 2012

"Twelve Stones"

Twelves roses in a vase and they all died and fell in crumpled remains
and upon the road I found twelve stones and gave them names
I filled the empty vase and set it out to remember what life is about
but stones don't smell like roses
Twelve days and I waited in silence once and felt the weight in me
and cried out twelve nights for peace to finally settle inside, please
but the weight of the pain was like stones in my soul and my soul
wasn't meant for stones at all
Twelve months and I knew it was coming to an end and it hurt
when I realized twelve months passed I tossed the stones in dirt
I threw the vase out and let it shatter like my heavy soul for
I don't want stones anymore

12/12/12

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"December"

It's blown in again, this colder wind
that settles in my bones and then
I just need a friend
The snow blows by in a grey sky
and there are times that I cry
for Spring at night
December is closer than November was
Yet December is just full of Santa Claus
and what I want are tulips and daffodils
not winter skies or snow capped hills
It's settled down again, this cold air
and it blows around inside my hair
with a chilly flare
The lights and trees all glow these days
with packages of bows and plays
and Jesus' name being praised
December is closer than November was
But I am already tired of Santa Claus
when what I want are Spring rains and budding trees
not waiting through the Winter wearing fleece

12/12/12

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"World Can't End"

The light in your eyes I cannot see
Nor feel your arms wrapped 'round me
Nor find you wrapped beneath my tree
Nor sleep at night with you by me
For miles apart and days and years
And with the mounting of fears
After having shed many tears
Are all of these alarming fears
That I will not see you again or
Hold you close needing more
Nor see you smiling at my door
While knowing I need you more
Because they say the world will end
Yet I hope that they pretend
It cannot end without you my friend
Please tell me they pretend
I wish your smile I could see
And feel your arms wrapped 'round me
The world can't end until this can be
It cannot end without you with me

12/12/12


No comments:

Post a Comment