Thursday, February 16, 2012

Built Sleep

"Sleep"

Rest your head by the sea
Sleep, oh sleep away from me
Near the city of Angels
Rest your weary head
and dream
Come tomorrow dawn the day with hope and laughter
Come tomorrow brighter, better and here after
We will look back upon these days
and know how much has changed
for the better
Rest those eyes
Sleep and please realize
As you're near the great Pacific
Rest your weary head
near the ocean tides
Come tomorrow dawn the day with hope and laughter
Come tomorrow, brighter, better for here after
We can look back upon these days
and know all that has changed
for the better
So, sleep, sleep, sleep and enjoy dreams
I will sleep here near mountain streams
You near the grandest of oceans, rest your eyes
I will sleep away from you but I realize
Come tomorrow dawns a new day with hope and laughter
Tomorrow will be brighter and better for here after
We will look back upon all these days
and know how much has changed
and it's better


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Built"

I was built to listen and to think
You might have been built to make me sink
You might have been built to break down my walls
You might have been built to drown out my calls
But I was built to stand with a light
You were built with brilliant eyes for sight
So use your eyes and if you would like to follow me
I was built to be a beacon and placed by your sea
You were built to carry the weight in your vessel
You were built with troubles for you to wrestle
I was built to say I'm here to be your guide
You were built to last and I'm still on your side
I was built to listen and I'm lonely
I was built to shine and sometimes to sing
You might have been built to try to break me apart
But you were built to make me try harder to use my heart
I was built to say all that is true
You were built for bravery in what you do
I was built to be a guide right here
Built strong and steady with a purpose clear

No comments:

Post a Comment