Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Day

Harold in the day that the day doesn't end
and the day that the world didn't stop
and bring about the day that we don't pretend
that we are all dying just to rot
Wake up that morning and tell them all the truth
no pretense, no softening of words
and let them know where you stand and where you go
you're not a sheep in their herds
Harold in the day that the day does begin
and the day where you love for real
and recognize the love of a friend
and learn again how you should feel
my tongue is at war with my ears
and my soul is waging battle with my heart
my mind is sinking slowly inside of my fears
and my body is yearning for some art
but though it be weary I keep going on
and waiting for the day when the day seems long
where the people don't follow like sheep to a cliff
and hope isn't just four letters and a 'what if'
Harold in the day that my day does begin
and the day that the world is brand new
and bring me a friend who doesn't pretend
like somebody else I once knew
my tongue is still at war with my ears
my soul still waging a battle with my heart
and slowly my mind is sinking inside of fears
yet my body is needing a new start
at life

No comments:

Post a Comment